- Add 1 tablespoon sweet rice flour to a 1/4 measure, fill rest of 1/4 cup with “Gluten-Free Baking Classics” brown rice flour mix, page 6
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 cup fresh confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoon cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Sift flour, add sugar, cocoa, salt and sift again.
In a separate bowls separate the egg whites and the egg yolks.
Beat the egg yolks well. Add the dry ingredients and vanilla to yolks and beat again.
In a separate large bowl beat the egg whites until stiff. Fold in the egg yolk mixture and gently blend well without breaking down the egg whites.
Pour into greased, parchment paper, and greased again jelly-roll pan,
15 x 10 x 1 inch Bake in moderate oven at 350 degrees for 15 - 20 minutes, or until top springs back when lightly pressed.
Turn cake out onto a new piece of parchment paper, sprinkled with confectioners' sugar, peel off baking paper. Roll up cake, and sprinkle the other side of the parchment paper while rolling up, then cool on rack.
- 2 cups cream for whipping
- 1/8 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Beat cream with sugar and vanilla until stiff in a large bowl. Unroll cake carefully; spread evenly with half of the cream mixture; re-roll.
- Cream 3 tablespoons butter
- Blend in 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Add 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
Slice crosswise into 1 inch thick servings.
Sandra D. Halpenny © 2009-2010 All rights reserved