Sunday, November 8, 2009

Sandra's Gluten-Free Muffin Flour Mix recipe

I wanted to come up with a flour mix for muffins that was healthier than the rice flour blends and that baked up nice in muffins. I have tried the Carol Fenster sorghum blend and Bette Hagman's Bean Flour Mix. Both mixes work well but I wanted to add even more fiber and heather grains too. There seems to be many flours in my mix, but I usually double the mix so I have plenty on hand without having to mix it up all the time.

1/2 cup Chick Pea Flour
1/2 cup Red Mill's Garbanzo & Fava Bean Flour or Garbanzo Flour
1/2 cup Quinoa Flour

1/2 cup Oat Flour (or teff flour)
1 cup Sorghum Flour
3 cups Tapioca Starch
1 1/2 cups Potato Starch
1 1/2 cups Corn Starch

Makes 9 cups


Sandra D. Halpenny © 2009 - 2010 All rights reserved



No comments: